Biyernes, Agosto 25, 2017

Grandma Linda and the Energy Meridians

Last summer break, I spent my time at grandma's house. In the morning we do garden work and in the evening I took care of the store.

For about three weeks there I noticed she wakes up early dawn precisely at five o'clock, I call the five o'clock crunch. It's interesting that she aligned her body to the natural cycle of the sun, all without the aid of alarm clock.

So I get up take water from the tap to boil it, after a while we will enjoy a warm cup of coffee or choco with crackers or bread. After that, we will feed the geese with boiled chayote fruit added with feeds which are dried yellow sweet corn.

There will be something to be done in this time like picking chayote fruit to be cooked in the evening or maybe carrying a sack of manure, or sharpening the knives, cleaning the house. All these are done about seven o'clock. A two hour perfect timing from the Energy Meridian.

We will cook rice, then the viand. Get the tools, pack the lunch, lock the house, go to work, walk in boots. Work mine o'clock to eleven o'clock but that's not the case. Work for an hour then snack, work again. Lunch would be twelve thirty pm.

We continue work on around two then finish around three thirty. There goes another day.

I always reflect on those moments when the sun is too hot and the weeds are too tough, why am I doing this? Then I reflect on food, I took the convenience of food for granted big time, at grandma's place, all food that pass through my lips are grown within the vicinity. Except for rice, meat, processed etc.

My luxury there was that candies that was sold in the store.

Happiness really is comparison.

Memories of the past will either make me curse or sing for gratitude. Should I then let myself fall to the deepest hole? Voluntarily, that is stupid, stepping on shit to learn it's not a good thing to do.

But why do this? If anything else, for experience.

When I was practicing programming in python I will not get satisfied until I write that code then test it, even how basic it was and repeating it sound stupid because I spend time doing things that wasn't just as important or of any use, but as 50 Cent say it, reality is a drug, the more I take it, the I thirst for more.

Going back, I think my grandma's way of life is beautiful and simple, I don't even know how to properly build a fire for heaven's sake, that experience humbled me, I never know until the hands do the talking.

Would I want such a life? A life in alignment with nature? Hell yeah! It requires hands-on on every movement of the day, that would be great to balance my day dreaming state, always in the "brown eye" the dreamer's gaze, because I learned that when you deliberately ignore reality, boy I should be prepared for a rude awakening.

Math is a great grounding, it's intellectually stimulating at the same time, making me think in reason, not in knee-jerk reaction.

So much for that, anyhow what I want to master was the art of fluidity of the mind, changing accordingly to the present, freely and effortlessly.


Walang komento:

Mag-post ng isang Komento